The Facts About Kansas RV Insurance

Kansas RV Insurance Options and Requirements

Some campers, travel trailers, and motor homes are required to have liability insurance in Kansas if they are to be driven on public roads, but you should do more than that. You should also protect your financial interest in the vehicle with collision and comprehensive insurance coverage. Here's a quick review of both types.


Like automobiles, RVs must have liability insurance to be legally driven in Kansas. The minimum amount of liability coverage required is:

The insurance policy must also provide personal injury protection (often referred to as “no-fault insurance”) and uninsured/underinsured provisions.

You need to be aware these are only the minimum amounts required to make your vehicle legal for the roads in Kansas, and it does not limit your financial exposure in case of an accident. You can be sued and held liable for larger amounts than the policy will pay.


Both of these types of policies cover property damages resulting from an accident or incident, but they do it in different ways. Comprehensive coverage provides financial protection against things like hitting a deer on the road, a branch falling on your RV in a storm, or some other calamity as long as it doesn’t involve getting involved a motor vehicle accident. Collision insurance, on the other hand, protects you in case of a vehicular accident where you are at fault.

Coverage Limits

The important thing with any insurance policy is that it gives you the financial protection you want and need. This not only varies by whether the RV is a Class A, B, or C Model but also by the level of financial protection you will want for your personal things inside the vehicle. The best thing to learn how much coverage you need is to talk to an agent at Miller Insurance Store. We will provide you with the correct information you need to make a realistic decision. Call us today.

Company history

Company History

Learn More >>

Contact Us